One of our clients ships many packages per day via UPS and asked us to help integrate their Vtiger with UPS. Here’s what we built for them:
- Connected their Vtiger to their UPS account via the UPS APIs
- Added a “Create Shipping Label” button to the transaction list view (Opportunities in this case but could be done for Sales Orders and Invoices too).
- This function connects to UPS and creates a shipping label under your UPS account for that address.
- Added a “Print Shipping Label” button to the transaction list view that allows the user to print them and affix to the packages.
- Note: this can be delivery or pickup labels
- Once the package is shipped, vtiger checks UPS every hour for status updates on all shipments and updates the shipping status in vtiger.
- Workflows do automated communication to the client regarding their shipment
- Workflows and/or filters are used to identify packages that are stalled out and need followup