Create and Print Shipping Labels
One of our clients ships many packages per day via UPS and asked us to help integrate their Vtiger with UPS. Here’s what we built for them:
- Connected their Vtiger to their UPS account via the UPS APIs
- Added a “Create Shipping Label” button to the transaction list view (Opportunities in this case but could be done for Sales Orders and Invoices too).
- This function connects to UPS and creates a shipping label under your UPS account for that address.
- Added a “Print Shipping Label” button to the transaction list view that allows the user to print them and affix to the packages.
- Note: this can be delivery or pickup labels
- Once the package is shipped, vtiger checks UPS every hour for status updates on all shipments and updates the shipping status in vtiger.
- Workflows do automated communication to the client regarding their shipment
- Workflows and/or filters are used to identify packages that are stalled out and need followup